Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Our hobby is getting more and more watered down.

I used to manage an Electronics Boutique in the late 80s and early 90s back in the heyday of gaming when the industry wasn't desperate to become so damn mainstream. Back then, it counted for something if you knew your product and gave people good honest advice. Now its all about presells and used games. I am glad to be out of that shit now. Gameindustry is reporting that Gamestop is planning on making their stores more "casual friendly" so your aunt or grandmother can go in and find their damn brain game or shitty casual mini game fest. Here is a link to the article. It's bad enough you can't find the PC game section anymore, now they are going to have a friggin "Music game" section. If this trend continues I doubt I will be active in the hobby that has spanned over twenty five years for me. It's pretty depressing.

No comments: