There you have it, folks. Take a gander at what I was welcomed to when I got home yesterday itching to try out the Tiger Woods 08 demo. Yep, the dreaded Three Rings of Death have struck me again. I called up Micro$oft and they are sending me a box to ship my baby in to them for repair. Luckily, I took my own advice and have a regular xbox and PS2 to play until it comes back. I am worried it might not make it back for the Halo 3 launch though. But what REALLY pisses me off is I was right in the middle of playing Bioshock for Crissake! I probably could pull a few strings and get it replaced at a local Gamestop, but I want to make sure I get the permanent fix and don't have to go through this again. Here are some tips if this happens to you:
- If you get these three lights AND the light on your power supply is green you are screwed. Don't bother trying any of the troubleshooting tips. They won't work.
- If you are an Xbox Gold Live subscriber get them to refund the amount of time that you are without your Xbox 360 while it is being repaired.
- Remove your hard drive. They don't need it. You want to make sure you keep all those hard earned saves.
- Make sure you eject whatever game you have inside the Xbox 360 BEFORE you ship it out.
- Always have a backup plan for gaming. In my case having the Xbox 1, PS2 and DS will get me through the repair time.