Thursday, August 9, 2007

Personal Note: Sleep study tonight.

I have to go in for a Sleep Study tonight. I get to be wired up like a lab animal and try and sleep in a strange room. I had one done about three years ago so I know what to expect, but I am still not looking forward to it. This time, I get to try out a CPAP machine during part of the study. This is a small or large mask you wear which applies positive air pressure through your nose so the airway doesn't collapse causing a stoppage in breathing. I'm told breathing is an important thing, so I want to check it out to see if it will help me. The last test I had revealed that I had eighty instances of Apnea per hour. So obviously, I need some sort of help. We shall see if the CPAP machine offers any relief. If not, then I will need to have my tonsils removed and my partial deviated septum fixed. So I guess I will have the choice of sleeping like I am Darth Vader or having a couple weeks of pretty severe pain. Stay tuned.

No comments: