Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Why do we put up with it?

Carry over problems from game sequel to the next... Case in point: I was playing APF 2k8 last night and I am down 17 -10 with 40 seconds left on the opposition's fifteen yard line, so I call a play and get to the line of scrimmage to resounding boos from my hometown fans. Did they really expect me to kick a field goal in that situation? Overtime ensues and the computer has the ball on their 35 yard line or so with about one minute left to go. It then proceeds to call two running plays and no time outs killing the rest of the clock. Did they want to concede the tie?? Dumb AI decisions with clock management like this and atmosphere in the previous example are a carry over of the NFL 2k series and they still haven't been addressed. Don't get me started on Madden. I could make a laundry list of issues I bet are still carried over in Madden this year. Why do we put up with it? We keep paying more for games each year and putting up with more crap.

APF 2k8 is still a good overall game, but this kind of thing annoys the hell out of me. Maybe there will be a patch, but I doubt it.

No comments: